July 31, 2015

Lucky Snap #5: Corina of Cocorrina

Every once in a while you come across people that just blow you away with their creativity. That is exactly what happened when I stumpled upon Cocorrina. I reached out to Corina, the creative mastermind behind this blog, to ask her to some speak at our blog conference The Hive. And you know what? On top of being so amazing, she is also one of the kindest people you'll ever going to meet.

I asked her to be part of my Lucky Snap series. In which my friends share a photo they have on their phone, that they come back to again and again. I love to hear the stories behind the photos. Here you can read about the Lucky Snaps of others.

Name: Corina
Blog: Cocorinna
Current number of photos on the phone: 968

Hello there everyone! This is Corina, and before i start explaining the picture, i want to thank Yvonne for having me. Now for someone who takes 100 pictures per day, it may sound odd having 968 in her phone. I have to clean transfer all photos at the end of the week in order to make room for new ones. Therefore none picture stays longer than a week.

This one though, has me coming back to it since i took it on Saturday. My sister is visiting me for a month now, and living so far away from each other (i’m currently living on an island named Kefalonia), makes this month mean even more. She visited last year, and the year before that and i’ve been seeing in front of my eyes how fast she grows, and the amazing woman she becomes year by year. Her name is Iliana, and she’s 12 years old today. 

I was 14 when she was born, would babysit her daily, sing her to sleep and dance like a lunatic to make her laugh. She would get on my nerves with how she would cry while i was studying or sleeping, but her little face was always full of sunshine. She’s the prettiest girl i know, and only writing this, brings tears to my eyes. I don’t think i say that to her often, but i love her like crazy. I love how she feels and looks cool at this age, thinking her bigger sister is always right, and i love how emotional she is. She can start crying just by hugging me, and even though she doesn’t say much, i always know what’s going on in her mind. 

This post could go on and on for ages, so i’ll just stop here. This picture was taken last Saturday at the beach Antisamos, and while we were posing for some rad sister snaps, she turned around and squeezed me.